Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2011

My Creative Space


This week I have done a little bit of this and a little bit of that. As a crafter my concentration tends to wander, which is why I usually have several projects in process. It is also why it often takes me a while to actually finish something.

Fortunately there are a few things that made their way into the "finish" pile this week. I did finish a new felt food idea Again, I don't know why, but sweets seem to make the funnest (is that a word?) felt food to make. This is my take on the iced vovo (front and back).


Also in the "finish" pile my items for the Seaweed and Raine Snail Mail Swap. More to show about that in the next day or so as my partner receives their package.

In the "in process" pile, book character costumes for my two oldest, due next week. Yes, I have left this one a little late this year, so I have told the children they need to have simple ideas (my son usually comes up with a bionicle or Pokemon he wants to be). It looks like they have settled on Amelia Bedelia and Butler (from the Artemis Fowl series). Funnily enough, both costumes are black and white. At least this is a project with a clear deadline.

Also in the "in process" pile, a Christmas garland and tags from a damaged copy of the children's book The Australian Twelve Days of Christmas (there are some pages missing). As it's August, this project is clearly ahead of schedule:) I found the book recently at the op shop. It didn't fit in my bookshelf, so I had to start working with it!

I hope you were able to put something into your "finished" pile this week or maybe you've got a few things "in process". To see more creative spaces you can visit here. Cyndy Pin It

12 comments:

Tania said...

I ADORE an Iced Vovo. Especially the felty, chewier kind...

sister outlaws said...

Perfect! Yum!

Michelle Walker said...

Yummmy...great work!! I hear ya i have about 15 projects littering the house..
Mxo

Gaby said...

i love this! it's too cute (and it reminds me of a pop tart because i'm north american ) :)

Felicity said...

No way!
This is too special.
Keep letting your creative juices flow, you are clever as clever can be.

Happy day Lovely,

Felicity x

Salsa said...

That Iced Vo-Vo is the best thing I've seen all week...

OnePerfectDay said...

It's ADORABLE!!!!

FishesMakeWishes said...

Very cute, love the details in the back :-)

Bron said...

Book week....we got through ours today...I left my run late but managed to please and my little guy even came home with a prize! Hope you show us your finished costumes?

belinda marshall said...

these are just fab!
:)

Kelly @ Polkadot Lane said...

My hubby loves iced vovo's and that is an adorable replica of the biscuit. I've got bookweek costumes due this week too - my two are going as Tin Tin and EJ 12, so not too complicated, although DD 8 really wants me to find her a blond wig to complete her get up :-P

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Oh my! I just love that Iced Vovo! They used to be one of my favourites biscuits.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...