Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2011

My Creative Space


In case you can't tell what my picture is, it is a crochet flower. Yes, I know pretty wonky, but if you squint, turn your head and use your imagination, it does look like a flower - sort of :) I received this crochet hook and wool from a friend earlier this year for my birthday. Learning to crochet has been on my crafty bucket list. Yesterday, I finally got a little tutorial and this flower was my first "try" at crocheting something.

As you can probably tell from my image practice is definitely required! I am sure I will get the hang of it, but I did find crocheting a bit hard. Holding the wool on my left hand and keeping the tension just right takes a bit of coordination. After one flower I was exhausted! Maybe I will have some better examples to share next week:)

Hope you are learning or trying something new in your creative space. To see more spaces you can visit here. Cyndy Pin It

6 comments:

Sam said...

Don't worry, it get's easier, my first one had no resemblance to a flower whatsoever, keep it up :-)Sam

Seaweed and Raine said...

Oh I hope you do get "hooked" so to speak! :) Getting the tension right at first is a bit awkward, but it does get better with time. The first thing I ever made was a crochet cotton bikini top.. it was cool! I found the pattern, and then the tutorial for it on you tube. It was actually pretty easy.

Julianne said...

Yay your Doing well. I'm self taught, but I cannot crochet in wool (yet) They reckon practice makes perfect but just makes me frustrated.

Anonymous said...

Believe it or not I only learnt to crochet earlier this year...you will be crocheting up a storm in no time :)
btw...I rather like your flower.

x

Vic said...

You will definitely get the hang of it; even I can crochet a rudimentary flower or too, and I am baaaaaaaad at crochet!

The hook looks very fancy-pants too; one does need the proper tools for this sort of thing!

Bron said...

I think the trick to crocheting is not trying too hard...over thinking it....keep at it ..it does get better.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...