Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2011

My Creative Space


What is it about felt food? I so enjoy trying to figure out how to make something from felt: the shape, the colours, the matching emboidery floss. And then there is the puzzle - how to make something look like the real thing, or at least enough so that you will recognize it!

This week I have been finishing up a few felt food items including some cucumber slices, fairy bread (which I started a couple of weeks ago) and lamingtons. I have also been working on some new felt food "designs". Design is a loose word for me, as I have a tendency to just start cutting the felt with nothing more than a notion in my head:) It is fun to see though how it turns out.

This week also marks the first sale from my new madeit shop! I can't tell you how exciting that was - I couldn't sleep I was so excited! Ironically it was two of my felt food pieces. So nice when something you really like also turns out to be something someone else really likes:)

I hope lots of good stuff is happening in your space today - visit here to see more creative spaces. Cyndy Pin It

6 comments:

Sarah@Dolls And Daydreams said...

Hooray! And Congrats on your sale :)

So nice to find someone else as obsessed with felt as i am! :) I couldn't think of not incorporating it to my projects and patterns now :)

ok now i need some cake ... i think it's those yummy felt slices up there making me drool!

Creative Wishes said...

It is a thrill when something you love making sells isn't it. I also make felt food and am slightly addicted to it. It really is so much fun to make. I love making my little High Tea sets the best -fiddly but so cute!

Sheeprustler said...

Embroidered lamingtons and fairy bread! How cute!

Susan said...

love the fairy bread!

Calico Child said...

I have no Idear about felt wouldn't know where to begin you have made a lovely piece of fairy bread it looks so real,congratulations on the sale! :)

Bron said...

Congrats on your sale ...you're right there is something very exciting and nerve wrecking about selling something you have created.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...