Pages

Monday, September 5, 2011

My First Crafty Swap - Favorite Sydney Places Notecards


In August I participated in my first crafty swap, the Snail Mail Swap hosted by the lovely Sheree at Seaweed and Raine. The premise of the swap was pretty simple: to send someone "Sunshine in the Mail" because everyone likes getting real mail (not those yucky bills or junk mail) by September 1.

Now that my package has been received by Terese from Designed To a T I thought I would share one of the items in her package I had fun making. If you saw my teaser post earlier you probably noted and were confused by the picture of the book Know Australia: New South Wales.

One thing I learned about Terese is that she lives in the Sydney area - when I first came to Australia 20 years ago I lived in Sydney and I loved it! It really is one of my favorite cities in the world (although I have definitely developed an appreciation for Melbourne after living nearby for the last 4 years, is that diplomatic or what:)

The book was from the 1970's and contained some lovely drawings and fun facts about places of interest in New South Wales, including many in Sydney. I loved the drawings, but thought the facts were fun too, so I tried to create something that would use both. The result were these note cards featuring some of my favorite places in Sydney including the Opera House....


the Sydney Harbour Bridge...


the Rocks...


the beaches (Manly is probably my fav)...


and the Taronga Zoo (best view of Sydney in my opinion)...


I do love how they turned out and was a little sad to give them away, but I did make them for Terese:)The good news is that I have similar books on all the other states, so I think there may be some more cards coming! Cyndy
Pin It

2 comments:

Max said...

They look absolutely stunning,I bet she was so chuffed to receive them!

Unknown said...

Cyndy, you know how much I enjoyed receiving your package. Thank you again so much for everything you've made. Like you, I especially love the cards. I'm actually thinking of framing them, they are so great, I don't want to use them....T

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...