Pages

Monday, October 22, 2012

Day 22 Blogtoberfest - Lorikeets and Cockatoos, Oh My!


There was quite a racket in my backyard yesterday; that can only mean one thing, the birds were here.

We get two noisy visitors to our backyard from time to time: rainbow lorikeets and cockatoos (white and black). While both birds are common to our part of Australia, they are not common to me. I grew up in the United States. Common birds to me are robins, cardinals, and blue jays. Lorikeets and cockatoos are something I would expect to see in a pet store or zoo.

As a result, I get excited when they show up in my back yard and have their conversations. Yes, my kids think I am a bit crazy. Yesterdays visitors were lorikeets. There were a handful of them squawking up a storm in the almond tree. The cats and I watched them for about an hour:) Cyndy Pin It

1 comment:

Judith said...

Such pretty Aussie birds in your garden.
Our current Aussie bird visitors are the magpies with their 2 noisey babies - that just sit and squawk until the mum feeds them.
And our other one is a pair of plovers - now those I can definitely live without...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...