Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2013

My Creative Space

 
I'm feeling a bit discombobulated in my creative space. For the first time in 21 years, I have not worked full time and/or cared full time for at least one of my three children. That's right my youngest started school this year. That means effectively, I have from drop off to pick up each day free (6 hours).

This freedom should be fueling my creativity, but sadly this has not been the case to date. In the past it was amazing what I could do in the hour here or there that I had to myself. But despite working on a few things here and there, I am feeling decidedly unmotivated and without purpose. I know in my head what I need to do, I'm just not doing it.

I figure what I am feeling is par for the course when you experience a big change in focus and routine. Intellectually I know what I should do and could do, but I am missing the will to act on it. Hoping time is all that is needed.

So until then I will just be bumping along.

 
Do you ever feel discombobulated in your creative space? What did you do to get your self going or was it just about time?

For much more inspiration be sure to check out the home of My Creative Space. Cyndy

Pin It

2 comments:

Miss Muggins said...

Doesn't the day fly between drop off and pick up though! I am sure you will find plenty to keep you busy when you settle into your new routine.

Unknown said...

I thought I was the only one that suffered from this horrible affliction! Since pumping out the Swoon I've felt lost... there's nothing to rush to get finished and I can't seem to bring myself to do anything else (despite having a long to-do list!). It's weird...

Luckily the 8 month old is keeping me somewhat entertained until the creative juices replenish.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...