Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2012

My Creative Space: Meet Miss Polly


At Christmas a new member joined our family - Miss Polly. Miss Polly is a doll that I made for littlest. Littlest had fallen in love with a friend's doll and I ran across the maker of the doll (AK Traditions) at the Melbourne Craft and Quilt Fair way back last July. Not only do they make dolls, they sell patterns for dolls. And so the deal was sealed; I came home with the pattern and the felt to make littlest the doll of her dreams for Christmas:)



Of course, I didn't start early enough and found myself still needing to complete the doll on the 24th of December. It was quite a marathon. Did I also mention that I had committed myself to making matching bedding for the doll (I had gotten an IKEA doll bed for her as well)? Yes, what I was thinking.


The good news is that I managed to finish the doll, a nightgown and the bedding. And so there she was waiting on Christmas morning for littlest.

Miss Polly has definitely been a hit. She is a constant companion, sleeping in her doll bed right next to littlest's bed at night and accompanying us when we go out and about.


Over the summer holiday I have continued to add to Miss Polly's wardrobe, with the most recent items being a pair of boots and a hat this week (I think we are already preparing for winter:). Littlest also has a few requests for Miss Polly on my crafty to do list - first and foremost is a boyfriend. I think that might have to be a birthday present:)

Hope lots of creating is going on in your creative space this week. For more creative spaces make sure to visit here. Cyndy Pin It

6 comments:

Kelly @ Polkadot Lane said...

Miss Polly is just lovely, and it must feel so nice to have your littlest just adore her so.

Christie said...

She's so precious. Well done on completing it in time, I'm guilty of leaving Christmas presents until the last minute too, why do we do these things to ourselves?!

Kellie said...

That is absolutely wonderful. Such a lovely gift. You will be busy all year making outfits!

Yana said...

aww, miss Polly is very cute! great job with getting it done on time! :)

Fay said...

Miss Polly is gorgeous! well done.

amy said...

I love her! It makes me feel so *right* when my kids are cuddling up with the softies or dolls I made for them. Lovely feeling, isn't it?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...