Pages

Thursday, July 19, 2012

My Creative Space

Only 6 weeks until my next market. I had visions of lots of making (the last market I did was in March), but somehow 6 weeks out it appears my vision is not yet a reality.

I have been working on a few new items for the market, including these pin cushions that feature my wool embroidered Australian native flowers. It's an idea that's been percolating for a while (i.e. what size, what shape, how to to do the back), but I only finished the first two in the last 2 weeks (the school holidays here).

I have embroidered the flowers on pieces of old wool blankets found at op shops and have backed them with coordinating quilting fabrics. They are square in shape and measure about 4 inches square finished.





Yes, I am moving at a bit of a snail's pace, but sometimes I need to let things sit for awhile until I work out what I really want to do. I think it's the anal retentive perfectionist in me:) I think their making will move faster now that I've worked out all the details. Well, that's what I am telling myself:) I hope people like them! I've kept the reject one (round in shape, about 3.5 inches in diameter and 2 inches tall) for myself and even though I am not in love with the shape/size, I do like looking at it every time I need a pin!

To see what others have been up to this week, surely at a faster pace than I, be sure to check out My Creative Space. Cyndy Pin It

5 comments:

Deb Robertson Writes said...

I want these so badly, will you sell them to me????

Claire said...

Cyndy these are W O N D E R F U L.......I love them.

♥♥♥♥♥♥
Beautiful embroidery, great colours the flowering gum is my favourite.

Markets, I find I always leave things till the last minute. I seem to work better under pressure!!

Any idea what you price you are going to ask for them?

Claire :}

Cathie said...

they are absolutely lovely!
I move at snails pace too with embroidery.
all the best for your up coming market ♥

Tweed Thoughts said...

I love your pincushions - the wool embroidery is really pretty :) I'm sure they will sell like pancakes!

Laura (TLN) said...

Those are beautiful - I love the idea of the native flowers. Gorgeous.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...