Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

My Finished Hottie


I breathed a sigh of relief yesterday as I finally sent off my hottie for the Hottie Challenge group entry organised by Cam at CurlyPops. The aim of the challenge is to make a hottie cover, which will be exhibited in the gallery space at Open Drawer Art Textiles and Learning Centre from Friday July 1 to Sunday July 24, 2011.

My contribution features Australian native flowers. I embroidered them with wool thread on wool felt. As I said in an earlier post this was a project that I had a vision for right from the start, and I love how it turned out!

Our finished hotties are being donated to the Margaret Pratt Foundation, so that they may be sold to raise funds for the The Margaret Pratt Foundation Heart Lung Transplant Trust. The Foundaion is a registered charity whose aim is to encourage, develop and maintain Australia’s world class expertise in the field of organ transplantation by supporting research that addresses the problems faced by children and adults after heart and lung transplant. The aim of the research must be to improve the outcomes for heart and lung transplant recipients.

It's been fun to see the different approaches people have taken in creating their hotties. You can see other finished hotties in the Flickr Group. Enjoy! Cyndy




Pin It

10 comments:

Christy Franklin said...

I absolutely adore it. Such detail and talent.

fuzziteddybear said...

Cyndy, your hottie is absolutely beautiful...I love it!

flowerpress said...

I've just come over from the Flickr group to say how wonderful your hottie is. I just love the embroidery, especially the wattle flowers. Its beautiful!

CurlyPops said...

It's just beautiful Cyndy - see the embroidery up close is amazing. Thankyou so much for joining in the challenge!

Stomper Girl said...

Wow, it's just lovely.

spectacularfairywren said...

gosh, gorgeous flannel flowers embroid... that is my fave hottie i have eyed...

OnePerfectDay said...

This is truly a work of art!
I love it!

Lisa said...

WOW did I say WOW?! this is AMAZING! OH MY GOODNESS this is such AMAZING embroidery!
well done very talented {really wish i could embroider like you.}
hugs
xo

Lea said...

Stunning!

Katie said...

I love this, so much that its on my flower design website - www.muesliandyoghurt.com.au

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...